Second Saturday in the countdown…. run, lunge and skip! Get those legs working.
If you want to run outside and are not sure how to plan a route or distance we recommend you try Map My Run. It’s easy to use and you can keep log of how you did so you can see your progress after future runs.
- Start in a standing position.
- Take a step backwards (about twice the length of a normal step). You may feel a little wobbly at this point but you want to make sure there is enough space to lunge down.
- Keep your body upright with the shoulders in line with the hips.
- Drop your back knee down towards the floor, your front knee should come to a 90 degree bend. Make sure the front knee does not extend forward over the toes. Ideally your shin will be vertical.
- Now push through the front leg to get back to your upright position, then repeat on the other leg.
Grab a rope and whizz yourself back to your childhood. Don’t worry if you cannot keep going for ten minutes without stopping or getting tangled up just keep trying until the clock runs down.
If you are confident with the rope then check out this video by Bloom To Fit for 23 moves to add variety to your workout! Click here