Combining cinnamon and dates with some honey is a healthy blast. At 358 calories and 12 grams of protein it’s a great breakfast choice that will help to keep your hunger pangs at bay. Cinnamon is good for skin and bones and honey is a natural antibiotic which is great at this time of year when lots of colds are spreading around the office. Dates are a good source of many vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, iron , potassium, calcium, manganese and copper which are good for blood, skin and bones and dates are also known to replenish energy and revitalize the body instantly. Just what you need to wake you up in the morning.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 scoops of ice
- 4 fresh figs, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/2 banana
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add almond milk, yogurt, ice, figs, and banana to a blender, and blend for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add date, honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and blend again until fully combined. Serve immediately.