1/2 Mile Run
If you want to run outside and are not sure how to plan a route or distance we recommend you try Map My Run. It’s easy to use and you can keep log of how you did so you can see your progress after future runs.
If you prefer metric – half a mile is 800m or twice around the track if you have access to one.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Hold your core strong with your chest proud then push your bum backwards.
- Now bend your knees and keep sticking that butt out as you lower yourself down. (Your knees should not ever point out over your toes and you should feel the weight from the mid to back part of your foot.)
- Keep squatting until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Push through your feet to stand back up straight, then repeat.