This soup is absolutely delicious. The mixture of dark green kale and creamy cauliflower is sure a hit in our house. And it’s packed full of goodness and fibre. And it’s soooo good for you. Kale and cauliflower are both cruciferous vegetables and are low in calorie, high in fiber and have zero fat. Kale is high in iron. Kale and cauliflower are high in Vitamin K. Kale and cauliflower are filled with powerful antioxidants. Kale and cauliflower are great anti-inflammatory foods. Kale is high in Vitamin A. Cauliflower is a source of folate and magnesium. Kale and cauliflower are high in Vitamin C. Cauliflower is high in choline. Kale is high in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Kale is a great detox food.
All hail the KALE.
- 1 bunch of kale, tough stalks removed – everything else chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower – cut into florets
- 2 sticks of celery – chopped
- 1 onion – diced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 litre of hot stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp of nut oil
- Heat the oil in a pan then add the onion and celery. Cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes until the onion has softened but not brown. Then add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Chuck in the cauliflower and the stock, pop a lid on and simmer for around 10 minutes until the caulflower has softened.
- Now throw in the kale and cook for a further ten minutes or so.
- Once the kale is cooked use a stick blender to whizz it all up. Add some salt and pepper to taste. And if you feel the consistency is too thick add a little more stock and whizz for a few more seconds.
Toppings?? Yeah – try nutmeg, some crushed walnuts, cayenne pepper, fresh chilli, spring onion or a squeeze of lemon……. Or if you are having a naughty day some cheese. Go wild! And most of all ENJOY. 🙂