Take some pork, some pears and a naughty bit of blue cheese and you have a high protein meal in ten minutes. Minimum prep, no fuss. What could be simpler.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions, roots trimmed and cut into eighths
- 2 large pears, quartered and cored (leave the skin on)
- few sprigs rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
- 4 pork steaks, about 175g/6oz each, trimmed of excess fat
- 50g blue cheese, cubed
- Heat the oil in a roasting tin on the hob (use 2 rings), then add the onions, pears, most of the rosemary and seasoning. Fry for 5 mins or until just starting to caramelise.
- Heat grill to high. Season the pork, then arrange among the veg and fry for 5 mins, turning halfway until golden and cooked through. Scatter with the remaining rosemary and the cheese, grill until the cheese starts to melt, then serve.