• 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
• 1 Tbsp Oil
• 1 tsp Curry Powder
• 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
• 4 Steaks (Avg 150-200g per person)
• 1 Lemon, juice
• 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for an hour prior to grilling or use metal BBQ skewers.
2. Cut steaks into cubes and place in a container to marinate.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
4. Pour marinade over steak, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
5. Preheat grill to a high heat.
6. Skewer steak onto skewers.
7. Grill skewers 12–16 minutes, turning every 3–4 minutes.
Moroccan Tomato Salad
• 500g tomatoes
• 2 spring onions
• 1 large garlic clove
• 1/2 tsp Ras el Hanout (or ground cumin + a hint of curry powder and nutmeg)
• lemon zest (about 1/4 tsp)
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• fresh flat-leaf parsley
• fresh dill
• Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Finely chop the tomatoes and transfer them to a salad bowl.
2. Finely chop the spring onions and add them to the tomatoes.
3. Finely chop a small handful of dill. It has a strong flavour so not too much.
4. Finely chop around a handful of flat-leaf parsley.
5. Season with a good amount of salt and black pepper.
6. Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, red wine vinegar, grated garlic clove and about 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp lemon zest.
Mix it up and pour it in with the tomato salad. Combine and taste to check the seasoning.
7. The perfecting final touch. Add the Ras el Hanout to the salad and combine well.
Serve your steaks on top of the salad and enjoy!
If you need a more hearty and filling meal then add some extra peppers and onion to your skewers or serve with a portion of rice or cous cous. Minted yogurt also goes well over the beef if you want to add a different dimension to the dish.
The recipe above is perfect for those on a clean healthy diet. For those following our 30 day challenge weight loss plan stick to the main recipe without the addition of rice, cous cous or yogurt.