The human body needs a lot of looking after. In order to remain healthy we need –
- Calories Like a car – the body needs fuel to keep going.
- Carbohydrate These are the main source of the body’s energy.
- Protein Builds and maintains lean muscle mass.
- Unsaturated fats Help us to achieve and maintain a healthy heart.
- Essential Fatty Acids Healthy heart, brain, eyes, skin, joints & immune system.
- Fibre Helps the body to eliminate toxins and waste.
- Water Keeps us hydrated, regulates temperature, flushes out toxins and waste.
- Vitamins & Minerals Help our body to grow and function properly.
- Exercise & Relaxation Keep our hearts and lungs healthy, strengthens the body, calms the mind.
In the UK poor nutrition is causing an increase in what we call “lifestyle diseases” such as obesity, diabetes & heart disease. These diseases are caused by an imbalance in nutrition.
These lifestyle diseases are much better avoided than treated and the one thing we can all do is get our bodies in balance with 3 key principles which will help to avoid contributing factors such as poor food choices, excess calories and sedentary lifestyles.
- Good nutrition
- Physical activity
How often have you found yourself grabbing breakfast ‘on the go’ as you rush through the train station, past the bakers or the coffee shop near to work? Usually the choices are limited to high calorie, low nutrient content foods such as pastries coffees and the old favourite a bacon roll. And how many of you skip breakfast altogether?
When it comes to lunchtime most of us would admit to choosing something from the nearby cafe or shop and not only can this hit your wallet hard, it can also cost you a lot in terms of your health. Many of us do not have the time or inclination to take in a prepared lunch so we fall prey to what is on offer and quick to pick up which again can result in poor choices high in salt, calories and fat.
It comes as no surprise that many people then experience the energy highs and lows throughout the day and turn to coffees and teas high in caffeine or chocolate bars to keep us going until we get home.
And lets be honest how many out there can hold their hand up and say “I had my 5 a day today”.
It’s not easy, and that’s why at balanceforlife Ltd we want to help you get back on track. Contact us today to find out more.